Saturday, March 16, 2013

Tutorial: Fairy House Tree Pt. 11

Today, I sculpted a bit more, created the interior wall candles and exterior sunflower garden  - complete with fairy footprints!

Also, a wee fairy stopped by to visit...


My model is a Fairyland RealPuki Roro tiny BJD dressed in adorable handmade outfit by Woodland Wings (on Etsy).


I added another layer of clay to create even more dimension on the walls, tree and around the windows...





I used verdigris jewelry findings to create little bases for the interior wall candles. I clipped off the circles on each end...



I installed a verdigris key above the window. I love including little vintage bits that the fairies might have found in the forest...


Side garden before...


I hot glued the garden fence to the base and trunk.


Use lots of glue! It's ez to cover up later and creates a much stronger sculpture.


I pressed Creative Paperclay onto the base and fence to create some landscaping.



I glued sweet little handmade clay sunflowers into the clay.


See? LOTS of glue... 


A little fairy visited the sunflower garden and left some footprints!




The fairy visited the baby bunnies...






Fairies love to sit in trees for a big view...




The fairy will be able to cool her feet here once the fish pond is in place.



I placed the furniture inside for a final review before painting begins tomorrow. I did find that the downstairs floor is a bit unlevel, which makes it hard to place furniture well. I'll add more clay to the interior and make sure everything's level tomorrow.


Thanks for looking! Tori

2 comments:

Sans! said...

I love your fairy house. I learn so much from what you are showing us , especially in lighting the house. I am also thinking of lighting a house that I am building. I love the effect of the candle lights made with paperclay. May I ask though if this means you will have trouble changing the light bulbs later?

Torisaur said...

Thanks so much for your comment, Sans! Sorry to respond so slowly but I just saw your question today. The little LED light bulbs cannot be changed out but they last for 100,000 hours...

Post a Comment

 
;