Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tutorial: Fairy House Tree Pt. 8

I had fun with details today while working on the root cellar, exterior lantern, chandelier and bunny burrow :).


The lantern top is not glued on yet. I still need to create a candle shape around the LED light.


I added Paperclay to the bunny burrow...




I created little candles on the chandelier out of Paperclay,  forming it around the lights. I will paint the bulbs and candles later. I intend for the chandelier and tree to have the most detailed lighting with the wall lights being less detailed and receding into the background.


I'm not sure where I found these little rubber "brushes" / modeling tools (maybe Hobby Lobby) but here's the info on the handle. I used these to form the candle detail on the walls and chandelier, dipping into water as I worked.


I enclosed the very simple wall light with Paperclay.


I sculpted candle shapes onto the chandelier.




It's nice to make the candles a little crooked for rustic appeal :)









I started making the shelf for the root cellar.


These are the brushes I like to use for painting these days. They are super cheap and I am really hard on 'em LOL.


I painted the floor of the root cellar to match the back wall bricks.



This is my absolute favorite paint. I use it to highlight all of my projects.


That's all for now. Thanks for looking! Tori

1 comments:

Millie's Dollhouse said...

This is so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing these amazing details :) I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!

Post a Comment

 
;