Sunday, January 20, 2013

Tutorial: Fairy House Tree Pt. 4

Welcome to part 4 of the fairy house tree house tutorial :). Thanks for looking!


In this installment, I further stabilize the tree sculpture, attach weeping foliage and build a root cellar.



I created the weeping cherry bonsai foliage using pretty paper flowers from Hobby Lobby.


I added paint, glitter and semi-precious stones from my jewelry supplies.



I taped the foliage in place using masking tape.





I tied copper wire around the tree to further secure it to the base.


I secured the tree with wire every 2" or so.


I decided to add one more tree branch.


Ahhhh... Such a treat to see the tree blossoming into life!



I love the view from inside the house.





I added some additional tree lighting using these super teeny LED chips. All lighting is 3V LED and purchased via modeltrainsoftware.com.


To complete wiring, wrap red to red and black to black.



Keep testing the lights while you work.



It's sooo helpful to have a lazy susan so you can turn the sculpture while working.


Next, I created the wee root cellar. I started with a piece of small wire mesh.



I hot glued the wire mesh to the stick foundation.


I cut a piece of scrapbooking paper to create a rustic brick interior and glued it into place.


I tested the root cellar space to make sure it would accomodate a shelf.






That's all for now. Next time, final tweaks and application of clay! Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you have any questions :)

Tori

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;