Saturday, November 3, 2012

    Tutorial: Fairy Dollhouse Wood Stove

It's so chilly outside! Here's how I made a cozy wood stove for my fairy house dollhouse.

Shabby fairy dollhouse stove

This shabby version is photographed against my dreamy Cinderella Moments house and paintings...

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

Here's a rustic version of the stove photographed against some old fence wood LOL.

I started with a Sonia Messer vintage ceramic wood stove. They cost around $24 and show up routinely on Ebay.

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

I used my wee drill to open up the front to create space for a fire box...

Tutorial: Fairy Dollhouse Wood Stove


How to: Fairy Wood Stove

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

Next, I used my dremel tool to smooth the opening...

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

I accidentally drilled through the back of the stove. Try to avoid this LOL... I got lucky and my stove didn't crack.

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

I also used the dremel tool to distress the paint finish...

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

Then, I assembled some supplies to make the fire...

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

Tissue paper, LED lights, switch and battery. Plus, some sticks from the yard. Lighting supplies are all 3v and can be purchased thru modeltrainsoftware.com. I recommend the lights in 1.8 mm  size or smaller in warm white.

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

I cut sticks and hot glued them together. Bonus: natural mossy bits on the sticks

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

I put the sticks inside the stove just to measure and make sure they would fit...

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

I started attaching tissue paper with white Elmer's glue.

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

I painted the distressed white highlights with a deep black blue. Next, I fed the wires through the hole in the bottom of the wood stove.

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

Then, I used hot glue to attach the lights to the wood. It's not recommended to use hot glue with these lights because they are quite delicate. Nevertheless, I've had good success using low temp and it sure beats waiting for white glue to dry...

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

The wiring is ez: twist red to red and black to black. I wrapped electrical tape on the twisted connections.

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

I added some paint to the tissue paper... I also painted right onto the light to make it more orangey and reduce the "hot spot" effect.

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

I put some hot glue on the bottom of the fire and placed it into the wood stove...

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

I wrapped the excess wire and secured it in place with masking tape. I hot glued the switch and the battery holder.

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

I added paint, crushed flowers (larkspur outside and marigold inside the fire) and moss...

How to: Fairy Wood Stove

Tutorial: Fairy Dollhouse Wood Stove

Here's more of the shabby version of my altered wood stove:

Shabby fairy dollhouse stove


Shabby fairy dollhouse stove

Enjoy! Let me know if you give it a try or have any questions, ok?

Thx for looking, Tori

3 comments:

Denise said...

WOW!That's a lot of work !would love to own some of your nice things.

Cinderella Moments said...

That is brilliant! I'm so glad you shared the fire technique. I didn't even think of doing that. The flames look so great. I'm truly impressed by your genius! Thanks so much for sharing this.
hugs,
Caroline

TINK - SONIA said...

Hi,amazing ideas in your blog,miniregards from Spain.

Post a Comment

 
;