Monday, October 22, 2012

The glowier the better!

Oh I DO love halloween! I thought I'd share a bit about the glow-in-the-dark (GID) pigments I've been using for my projects. They are industrial strength! There are lots of colors and some can glow for more than 100 hours. I purchased the powdered pigments from riskreactor.com.

Glow in the Dark Pigments
Some pigments paint on "invisible" and then glow a color. Some pigments show their color in any light. I also use some glow "rocks" which can be seen on the far left in yellow and white.

The pigments can be used in water or oil based products. I use water based in white glue, water, and acrylic paint. I spray matte sealer on my projects cuz the dried pigment can be quite chalky. Here's the FAQ on Risk Reactor's website. Also, the folks at Risk Reactor are super nice and friendly on the phone if you have questions :)

Glow in the Dark Pigments
Here's a pic of the pigments in their glowing state. The red is one of the brightest and whew is it sulphery SMELLY!

GID Halloween Scene
GID painted scene in bright light

GID Halloween Scene
GID painted scene in low light

GID Halloween Scene
GID painted scene with no light except 4 tiny LEDs in jack-o'-lanterns and tree

GID Halloween Scene

GID Halloween Scene

GID Halloween Scene

Thx for looking! Have fun :) Tori

2 comments:

B. DuBois said...

That is fabulous, Tori! Thanks for sharing the tips!

Cinderella Moments said...

Industrial strength! I had no idea. That makes the scene look amazing. I love the mist/cloud in the tree. It's so wonderful!
hugs,
Caroline

Post a Comment

 
;