Sunday, September 23, 2012

Halloween Party Barn :)

Today I'm feeling inspired by all of the beautiful fall colors up here in the mountains so I've been working on my Halloween Party Barn. I completed the basics of this project last halloween and I'm updating it a bit.

Halloween Party Barn

I started out originally with a wooden holiday creche I found at Hobby Lobby :). Then, I added the door and window and lots of industrial grade glow-in-the-dark (GID) paint.

Halloween Party Barn
One of the new additions to my party barn today is adding some fall leaves. I purchased this nice little kit on miniatures.com.  It's easy to punch out the leaves and then glue them about.

Halloween Party Barn
I punched out the little leaves and then scrunched them up and glued them with white glue everywhere that the wind blew!

Halloween Party Barn

Halloween Party Barn

Halloween Party Barn
Then, I decided to paint the leaves to make them more realistic and multi-dimensional. These are the colors I used. I used a mix of watercolor and acrylic tubes I had around.

Halloween Party Barn
Here's the finished product. The leaves are all painted lots of colors and remind me of walking down a fall forest path. I also added some gorgeous handmade mushrooms by Lory's Tiny Creations.

Halloween Party Barn

Halloween Party Barn

Halloween Party Barn

Halloween Party Barn

Halloween Party Barn

Halloween Party Barn

Halloween Party Barn

Golden afternoon @ the halloween party barn
Glowing party pics from last year :)

Halloween Party Barn

Boo!

Thanks for looking :) Tori

6 comments:

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

Faboulous!! How did I not find your blog earlier. I will so enjoy following it.

Torisaur said...

Oh thank you so much, Joanne! I just started my blog one week ago and it's so fun to connect :)

Cinderella Moments said...

The details are amazing! This is so cute. You really did an outstanding job.
hugs,
Caroline

Eliana said...

Amazing job!
Hugs

Cinderella Moments said...

Hi Tori! I'm taking your suggestion and I'm going to make rugs for my shop. Thanks so much for that idea!!
hugs,
Caroline

sue hankins said...

i will so enjoy your blog.i love the things you create.i also have a passion for the wee things.

Post a Comment

 
;