Saturday, May 18, 2013 3 comments

Mr. & Mrs. Hedgehog visit the treehouse








Thanks for visiting! Tori
Sunday, May 12, 2013 9 comments

Tutorial: Treehouse completed!

Thx for following along with this project for the last several months. It's finished! The house will be shipping soon to live with its new owner in South Dakota :).

Final photos can be found here on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/torisaur/sets/72157632039372875

Thanks for stopping by! Tori


Sunday, April 7, 2013 5 comments

Cupcake House Completed!

I completed my concrete and steel cupcake fairy house this weekend! 


The floor was made using little teeny chiclet tiles from Hobby Lobby (in the mosaic section).


I purchased the furniture vintage and the curtain pre-made from Ebay. I hate making curtains so I leave it to the pros :)


The steel swirly base pieces are all welded for super strength.



The window really works with the bottom and top panes operable.


All of the concrete is colored using concrete stain mixed in.



Furnishings here by Bespaq Wildflower and paintings by Cinderella Moments.




Thanks for visiting! Watch for lots more concrete and steel sculpture this summer :) Tori

Sunday, March 31, 2013 2 comments

Tutorial: Fairy House Tree Pt. 15

The fairy house painting and landscaping is complete!







My cleaned up workshop area - I'm preparing for the next project...



Two fishies will live at the bottom of the pond so I glued them into place.


Here's the material I'm using to create the pond water. It has to be poured and dried in 1/8" layers - not ideal but it's what I've found that works :)



The "water" will dry clear. I'll probably swirl some color into the medium during a later pour.


Thanks for looking! Next time, finalizing the pond and installing the hexagonal windows.

Tori
Saturday, March 30, 2013 0 comments

Tutorial: Fairy House Tree Pt. 14


Today I added new blossoms to the tree. They are handmade paper flowers I purchased on Ebay. I tore off some petals to make smaller flowers to mix in.



The paper flowers look kind of stiff and unnatural initially.


I painted all the flowers with Polycrylic and smushed them a bit for a much more natural look.



I painted some mossy green areas throughout the sculpture.


Next, I sealed the entire piece with Polycrylic for a strong finish and deep color.




Finally it's time to remove the masking tape from the window. 


I love the view out the window from inside...


Final root cellar all painted and sealed...



There are some pink petals on the ground beneath the tree...













Not much left now! Next time, a few more architectural details and pouring the pond. I've lost the window inserts for the two hex windows so I'll need to figure out something there, too. :)

Thanks for visiting! Tori




 
;